RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Dance, Dessert, and Dreams aims to prepare young dancers for professional and semi-professional performances while collaborating with others. A high degree of professionalism, cooperation, and good sportsmanship is expected from every participant both with CSDT and with other dancers.
2. All participants are required to participate in rehearsals, a master class, and collaborative finale.
3. All participants or a parent/legal guardian must provide the below agreement prior to participating in this event.
4. Performers must be punctual to these events. A detailed outline of times and activities will be provided to the dancers’ studios.
5. Proceeds from Dance, Dessert, and Dreams ticket sales aid CSDT in supporting dance in our community. Thank you for participating in this event! Please share this event with others.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
“Colorado Springs Dance Theatre” as used throughout these terms will be deemed to include, without limitation: the organization, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and/or assigns, judges, third-party adjudicators and any or all of Colorado Springs Dance Theatre’s officers, directors, board members, agents, committee members, contractors, volunteers, and employees. “Participant” as used throughout these terms will be deemed to include, without limitation: (1) the Participant; and (2) the Participant’s parent or guardian; and (3) all of their respective heirs, assigns and personal representatives. By participating in the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams, Participant agrees to all terms and conditions including “Photo/Video Waiver and Release” and “Indemnification and Medical Release.”
PHOTO/VIDEO WAIVER AND RELEASE:
By participating in Dance, Dessert, and Dreams, the Participant grants Colorado Springs Dance Theatre the right to take photographs and/or video of the Participant in connection with the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams production or master class. The Participant further authorizes Colorado Springs Dance Theatre to copyright, use, and publish the same in print and/or electronically. Participant authorizes Colorado Springs Dance Theatre to use such photographs/video with or without participant name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content. The participant also recognizes the public nature of this event, and grants any attending media organization the right to photograph, video, or publish the participant’s name, photographs, or video in print and/or electronically.
INDEMNIFICATION AND MEDICAL RELEASE:
1. The Participant understands that as in all athletic endeavors there are risks in and around the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams including but not limited to injury, sickness and in some cases death. The Participant agrees to assume any and all risks arising out of or related to the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams, including, without limitation, the risks of physical or emotional injury, sickness, death, property damage, falls, collisions with people or stationary objects, the unavailability of emergency medical care, and/or the negligence and/or deliberate act of another person while participating in this named event.
2. The Participant hereby releases and forever discharges Colorado Springs Dance Theatre from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, controversies, judgments, demands, injuries, sickness, damages (including consequential damages), costs, expenses, attorneys’ fees and/or any other legal, equitable or administrative actions or proceedings whatsoever, known or unknown, accrued or un-accrued, arising out of or related to this agreement, the participant or the participant’s involvement in the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams, including without limitation, those based on death, physical or emotional injury, property damage, libel, slander and invasion of privacy.
3. The Participant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Colorado Springs Dance Theatre harmless from, any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, controversies, judgments, demands, injuries, sickness, damages (including consequential damages), costs, expenses, attorneys’ fees and/or any other legal, equitable or administrative actions or proceedings whatsoever, arising out of or related to this Agreement, the Participant or the Participant’s involvement in the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams, including but not limited to, any challenge by the Participant to this Agreement or any provision thereof, legal or otherwise, or any suit, action or proceeding brought by the Participant.
4. The Participant agrees that this Agreement shall apply, without limitation, to any other risks encountered by the Participant before, during or after the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams, whether or not the Participant knows or expects them to exist at the time of signing this Agreement, including but not limited to driving to or from the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams, being present in any facility at which the Dance, Dessert, and Dreams is held, slips, falls, stairs, exits, entrances, fire and/or any other occurrence or event, known or unknown.
5. The Participant, or the Participant’s parent or guardian, authorizes Colorado Springs Dance Theatre to transport or authorize transportation of the Participant to a medical facility and/or hospital and for Colorado Springs Dance Theatre to authorize emergency medical treatment to the Participant. The Participant agrees to pay any and all medical bills that arise from participation in Dance, Dessert, and Dreams, including any medical treatment, transportation, or hospitalization Colorado Springs Dance Theatre orders on behalf of the Participant.
6. This Agreement shall be enforced and interpreted under the laws of the hosting country. Should any clause or any part of any clause be determined to be illegal or unenforceable by a court, administrative body or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, such clause shall be amended to the smallest degree necessary to render such clause valid and enforceable and the remainder of this Agreement shall not be affected.